Friday, May 13, 2016

4..3..2..1.. Summer Countdown! Freebie Time!



Image result for end of school meme

I feel like I am at Kennedy Space Station ready to set off a rocket ship to space. The countdown in my class started a week or so ago and my class is super pumped for summer! I know that this time of year can get crazy in all sorts of ways with students, paraprofessionals, and even the field trips and special events at the end of the year.

 A bunch of fellow bloggers and I have decided to team up to bring you this blog hop filled with tips and freebies to help you get through these last few days and fill up the hours while your students are dreaming (and you probably too) of beaches, popsicles, and swimming pools.


So, my biggest tip which has always been my go to at this time of the year is kind of two fold.
This is what I am constantly telling my staff at this time of year. It is because everyone wants to just take it easy, we are almost done and it just feels good to take a break. Well, in my classroom it is not breaktime until the bell on the last day of school rings. I tell my staff that everyday that we have with our students is important and taking it easy these last few weeks is not the way to go. 

We need to teach the students that they have to work hard all the way up to the end of the year to instill that sense of a strong work ethic for when they have jobs or are in charge of maintaining their homes, and other aspects of their lives. 

We need to teach our students that every day is important and just because the end is near it does not mean we give up or let up. Also, I feel everyday that I can work with my students is another day that I give them that opportunity to get that skill that they have been working on all month, all marking period, or all year!

(Uh oh, I'm getting on my soapbox!)

So, do what my pal here is saying and just keep swimming!! :)


Oh, and by the way, get this FREEBIE for your classroom to countdown the days til summer!

Summer Countdown Posters 
 http://classroomactionwithmsjackson.com/summer-countdown-blog-hop/

7 comments:

  1. I agree. Kids do so much better when we stay on schedule/routine until the last bell of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! It is so important for our kiddos with ASD to get as much learning in as possible throughout the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! This was my tip too! Work til the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you! Students need to know that school is still in session!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! Keep 'em busy and you'll keep 'em out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the memes!! Keep them going until the last day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way! I think it's important to keep them working up until the last minute. Sometimes it seems like as soon as testing is over, the year is done. It's best to keep them busy until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)