Saturday, April 2, 2016

Autism Awareness Blog Hop!







Happy Autism Awareness day! I am so excited to be a part of this blog hop. Only a few years ago was I reading all these amazing blogs by these amazing teachers thinking to myself "how cool would it be if I could do what they do?!" And here I am!

I also love that I shared this with my entire school , it is a video from YouTube of this well spoken young man with aspergers on how we all can help understand and be more aware when we are with people with autism.  Check it out! 


I was suppose to give you a reinforcer box hack I came up with one day when I needed a quick way to organize the edible reinforcers I use in the classroom. Unfortunately those pictures got left in my classroom so I wanted to share a work task I have my students do in my life skills area of my classroom. I have this corner of my room where students work on sweeping, vacuuming, folding laundry, etc. I also have them do this!





That's right we practice putting away shoes. Why? Well, because we all have to do it every once in a while. So I got the shoe racks for $1 and the shoes are mine and some other family members who didn't need them anymore. So the students first practice matching the shoes and then they have to pack them into the holders.

I just love how the simplest household chore can become a meaningful task for my students!!

Speaking of simple and meaningful here is a freebie for you all! It's my newest product that finishes off my bundle of clothespin cards.


Life Skills Tasks: Garage Clothespin Cards   
GRAB THIS FREEBIE HERE!! 


Okay, time to hop along to the next blog!



1 comment:

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)