Saturday, September 26, 2015

Target Teacher Finds

I find that as a teacher the smaller finds are what sometimes make big differences in our classroom. So that is what I am sharing with you today.

 Some of the small finds I got while at Target a few weeks ago. Targets dollar spot at any time of the year can sucker me in but, at Back to School time I am like a bee with it's honey.

I can't control myself.
I get all these ideas for decorations, storage options, and of course work boxes!

These are little connectors that will go nice in my sensory area. I have lots of students this year that love to build and create things. I got like 5 packs to make a good amount of them for my students to work with. I also thought they could be used in work boxes to sort by color or if I took pictures of built structures I could try to have the students copy and recreate them for an assembly task! 

I am in love with containers! It is a horrible addiction! Any kind of container I can find I have to have and if there are little compartments to it that is even better. I found this and bought 3 or 4. They always come in handy when I want to create a fast sorting type work box for small items like buttons, paper clips, or jewels. 

These are little foam shapes. I don't have an exact idea of what to use them for but an obvious idea is to use them for sorting in work boxes. They also would be good for counters in math lessons. 


More containers.These are pill boxes that someone would normally use to keep track of their medication. I thought that it would be a great assembly work task if I decided to have a visual to follow on where to put items into specific sections and then put to the side. I bought 8 of these so I could make an assembly task of some sort out of them! 

Yeah, you thought I was done with the containers. Ha, think again! I told you I'm addicted! These little cases are so tiny but, I love that they have screw on and off lids. It is something that my students that need fine motor work can practice with taking the lid off, putting some sort of items inside and screwing the lid back on. I got a bunch of these too! 
This was a splurge for me as you can see it was $3. I thought it would be something easy to just throw in a work box as is so it was worth paying for it. No assembly or work required!

I hope you enjoyed my finds. I will probably show you them again once I get the work boxes put together. So check in again!

4 comments:

  1. I love the little gear connectors, too! I had a couple of ideas for work boxes and left them in my sensory area to see what the kids would do. I had no idea all the different things they came up to do with them so I'm on the hunt for more!! Target = bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Thanks for reading and let me know if you come up with any super awesome work task ideas for those gears!

      Delete
  2. I purchased the Sums Puzzle for the same reason and was really disappointed in the quality - my kids will tear these pieces up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! I'm sad to hear this! Hope mine will hold up!

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)