Monday, June 22, 2015
One Lovely Blog Award Nomination!!
Thank you Erin from You Aut-a Know for nominating me for this blog award. I always get excited when people show appreciation for what I do.
This blog has been something that I've loved doing and struggled doing at the same time. I love sharing ideas but, then struggled with the fine line of what is sharing too much (especially when it came to more student specific issues). I wanted to keep the privacy of my classroom but still be able to reach out to other teachers, families, and people interested in learning more about working with people with autism. I know that I have had the awesome opportunity to connect with tons of great special education teachers that I would never have had the opportunity to do within my own school or district. I hope that I have done the same for other teachers out there. Receiving nominations for awards such as this makes me feel a little more confident that I have succeeded in that.
Here are some facts or things you may not know about me:
1. I'm expecting my second child ANY day now. We don't know what we are having but, have an amazing 3 year old daughter who is excited to be a big sister.
2. I LOVE softball. I have played since I was 5 and continue to coach hoping that one day my daughter will follow in my footsteps.
3. I have 2 dogs that are my other "babies".
4. I live in an old Victorian house (over 100 years old) which I love but, it is quite the chaos when something breaks since it is an old house.
5. I have my bachelors in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. I really wasn't interested in doing special education until I started my first teaching job in first grade and realized inclusion was inevitable!
6. I have a massive garden! We have over 40 tomato, squash, broccoli, and pepper plants. Canning and jarring are a must in my house!
7. I am a reality TV junkie. Unfortunately, I can come up with crazy strategies for working with difficult students and ingenious work boxes for my classroom but, when it comes to taste in TV, well I love mindless trash! Haha...
8. If I could vacation anywhere it would be at the beach.
9. I'd love to someday visit all the countries that my heritage is based off of.
10. I hate that my name is Jenn. So like everyone else born in the 80's. You know how many other Jenns/Jennifers I know..
Here are a few blogs that I'd like to nominate that have inspired and helped me so much!
Brie from Breezy Special Ed
Jannike from Special Ed. Connections
Melissa from The Adventures of Room 83
Make sure you check out their amazing blogs and all the information they have to share! Ladies, if you accept my nomination, comment below!