Thursday, June 4, 2015

End of the Year- Next Year's Thoughts---ALREADY!



Haha, oh we knew it was the last day of school yesterday. We had a countdown and everything which we officially ripped the last number off the countdown board yesterday. It was a great feeling. I had a great year, a low caseload, which made me feel like I could get more involved with my students, really get to know them and tackle a lot of behaviors and academic skills that I may not normally get to work on when I have a larger class. 

It was a fun year and the last day was no exception. My 8th graders got to participate in an end of the year celebration sponsored by our PTO that was set up like a carnival. There were games, food, music, a photo booth and tons more! The best part and most popular of carnival for my students was the dunk tank. Some of our 8th grade teachers volunteered to be in the tanks which I am so thankful not to have to do. Well, my students had a blast getting turns over and over again to be the ones to try and hit the target by throwing a ball. I had one student in particular that if she did not hit the target (which she never did) she would run up to the target and push the button anyways.. The first 2 times it was funny, but then we became obsessed with it and had to tell her it was closed. 

Of course, there is the list of things that I want to accomplish this summer. Some of those things are school and non-school related. I have a weird scenario coming to me this next school year. I am expecting my second child in a few weeks (I know my timing was sweet).  So, there is the possibility I will need to take some time off at the beginning of the school year. This will be weird for me because I'm going to have to be okay with trusting a substitute and my paras to have control of my classroom and then at some point return to the unknown of how things went while I was gone.  

The other thing that is going to be crazy is that I am definitely getting 5 new students next year. My maximum is 8 so to think that more then half of the students in my classroom this upcoming school year don't know me or my classroom is another scary thought. I have done a lot of preparing already like speaking to the teachers they had this year, getting their IEPs to review, and having transition meetings with parents. It has helped but, I still feel like that never fully prepares you. 

So, some of my summer will be preparing my potential sub plans, classroom, and materials for the students that I will be getting next year. It is going to be crazy and fun all at the same time.  I do want to keep up with the blog posting and letting you know how that process is going for me as I prep for a different set of students with very different skills sets from this year. 

Also, I plan to create more TPT products at my store. Teach.Love.Autism I have gotten a lot of feedback from my buyers some with suggestions of products you'd like to see, I LOVE that! Keep the ideas coming. I plan to keep them rolling so keep checking back! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)