Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher

I am going to join the crowd on this one and share some information about myself that perhaps some of you may not know.  I'm joining Falling Into First's linky to meet the teacher! I haven't been a part of the blogging world as a blogger for that long and love opportunities to share with my readers. We might find we have other things in common besides teaching! 




Hello there! My name is Jenn and I am a 30 year old teacher, mom, and wife. I am going into my 7th year of teaching. I taught two years of first grade, two years of pre-kindergarten, a year of 6th-12th grade alternative education, and one year (starting my second next week) teaching autistic support as a special education teacher. 

What have I been up to this summer???

Oh, not much just getting my masters, being a summer-stay-at-home-mom to my 2 year but almost 3 year and acts like she's 12 year old daughter, loving time at home with my family (my husband works from home), going on short trips with friends and family, keeping up with my garden (holy pickles!).




 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

teaching, movies, RHONY, MTV, softball, playdates (both children and adult ones), making TPT products, blogging, working in my classroom


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
Well, I love sports and minored in it in college so maybe an athletic trainer?!



THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

 Planner, Ritualistic, Positive

 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

I can't believe how unbelievably long that summer felt, said NO TEACHER EVER!

 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Billy Joel ( saw him in concert this summer), Jenny Finch, Bradley Cooper, and my dad..

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

The Curly Haired Teacher


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Going back in time... there are some days that I miss being a carefree kid! 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?




 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 Jesus Take the Wheel- Carrie Underwood

 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Morning person all the way.. I'm in bed by 9:30! 

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?






Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 



I played softball since I was five and played all the way through four years of college at a division II school. I love it, and still play it as much as possible. I am even going to be the head coach for our middle school's softball team. 





6 comments:

  1. Ooo your birthday party sounds absolutely fabulous! Can I come?? Best of luck keeping up with your little one and those pickles!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sure no problem! Yeah, I keep picking about 5 cucumbers a day..and the plant is thriving! So, there is no end in sight! Thanks for checking me out!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jenn! You have worn many different hats in your teaching career! Congrats on getting your masters! What an awesome accomplishment! Have a great start to your school year!

    ~Becky
    theclasscouple.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm excited about the masters too, it is something I've always wanted to do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hello, 
    I didn't see a way to contact you by email. I'm teaming up with several other sped teacher bloggers and putting together a BTS giveaway and freebie hop with sped-related items just for special education teachers!! I'm trying to include as many special educators as I can and just found you. I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining us by donating a product from your store for the giveaway! So far I have about 20 other SPED bloggers participating! You can read more about the giveaway on my blog at the link below and fill out the interest form there as well:

    http://thebendersbunch.blogspot.com/2014/08/calling-all-special-education-teachers.html

    Hope you will join us,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'd love to be interested. Let me know what you need and by when!

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)