Saturday, August 23, 2014

Classroom Reveal! 2014-2015

I've been holding off on doing this because the perfectionist in me didn't want you to see things almost done even if that meant one thing was out of place! Yes, I know I'm delusional because when I look at other people's classroom reveals I always think they look fabulous, I am just hard on myself.

So, here we go...

When you first walk in my one of two doors. Yes, if I ever got to a certain number of students this room would be split in half by the divider and I'd loose half of it.. fingers crossed on that one..  Also, you are not going crazy I do have two clocks as well. Not to mention two thermostats that make my room freezing! 

As you are walking in my room and look to the left. You can see my student work area, a para's work table and some storage. I love my built-ins! 

As you are walking straight into my room. This is the big schedule I have up and you can see the partially put up divider. I figured I had the divider in my room might as well use it to help with dividing the space up. The corner with the pink chair is my classroom library with all my books leveled. 
This is my writing area. Yes, I know there isn't even a desk there. That is because the writing is done with an adult so they grab what they need and bring it back to their table. 

Student computers, one student's work area with the desk carol on top and a view of my huge windows that stretch across the entire back of my classroom. Love the natural light! 

This would be if you walked in my room and looked to the right you would see another set of built-ins and that door with the mirror on it leads to my sensory room. Those pics are at the end of this post. You can also read one of my first posts I wrote with more details about my sensory room here..  Oh, and if that wasn't enough for you I also did another post about it here... 

This is my home. I use this horseshoe table for all my one on one, small group, and whole group teaching. I am lucky enough to say that my class sizes have been on the low side and I have been able to fit everyone at one table. I also am blessed with a smart board, and you can see my purple ipad on the shelf next to it. 

This is my small teach desk. I didn't want one in my classroom but, due to it being in the teacher contract that we have to have one I couldn't get rid of it. So, I asked for a tiny one and pushed it into a corner. 

This will be the desks that my students will complete their morning work, independent work, and work tasks at. Also, in that top left corner is my fluency station that is run by a para in my room. 

Another look at the same area just from another angle. 
Da, da, da, da! This is my new addition this year! My "Life Skills" area. I have all kinds of functional and life skills in this area and I compiled it into one area as opposed to putting a lot of the things in work boxes students will specifically come to this area to complete some of the major household tasks they need to know. I will def. do a post on this in more detail! It is loaded with goodies! 

Another view of inside my Life Skills area. I love the little stool! 



My lovelies! This is the shelf (should have moved the curtain for you to see better) and new added black shelf of my work tasks. I have over 100 work tasks shoved in this little area and I'm super proud to say that! This will also be another post or two in the near future. I know those of you that love work tasks can't wait! 

A second computer area. I know I'm super spoiled! 
In the sensory room. This is a board that a student teacher OT made for my classroom last year. She really helped to give my sensory room a facelift last year. Read about it in these to blog posts! Sensory Room 1  & Sensory Room 2 

Sensory Room again. 

Sensory room.. 


Well, I hope I didn't overwhelm you with pictures and I hope that my room lived up to your expectations. I start school on Monday with the kids so I'm hoping they are as excited to get into this room and work as I am!

9 comments:

  1. You room looks great! I can't wait to hear/see more about your new life skills area! Good luck with the first day on Monday.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I'm excited about it to although as we know it is going to take some time to get the students set up in using it correctly! Thanks for checking me out!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tour of your classroom. I am in a new program at the high school now and my room is about 1/4 the size of yours. The plus size is that I have a full complete kitchen, but that is about it. No smart board but I do have a document camera and can run movies through it. And of course I have next to nothing else. I changed my blog name and URL to reflect my new status. Looking forward to reading more, and especially your work boxes :).
    www.specialedconnections.blogspot.com
    Special Ed Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jannike! I'm sorry to hear you have been put in a smaller room. I am pretty sure at some point I will have to give away half of my room, unless my co-teacher is awesome and we still can keep it open and share! We will have to wait and see. I'll be sure to check out the new blog! Thanks for keeping in touch!

      Delete
  4. I love your room! It looks so nice! so do you have 4 students this year? Or are they not all at the desks at the same time? 4 would be such an awesome number! :) I look forward to seeing more of the things you do in this room this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do have four students. I am lucky to have a super small caseload and I keep telling myself to not feel guilty this year and enjoy it because by looking at the numbers in my intermediate buildings and primary buildings I am gonna be packed in a few years! Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  5. I love all of the pictures! Can't wait to read more about the life skills area. That's a great idea! :) I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding my blog! Yes, I am excited to post about my life skills area too! It is getting a little makeover for this coming school year!

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)