Sunday, July 6, 2014

July Currently!

Happy belated 4th of July everyone! I feel like my summer has flown by already but, luckily it's still got some meat left to it. I plan on getting some new posts out soon. Once I start getting things set up in my classroom I want to do a tour and share how I plan to do things in my room for the upcoming school year.

So, I'm linky up with Oh Boy 4th Grade later than I wanted but, for those of you still interested here you go...


 
 
 
Listening- Right now we are on vacay at our lovely cabin in the mountains. It is a great place to let the worries of life not bother you and just breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the moment.
 
Loving- I know I just said I wasn't going to worry about life but, I got a super exciting email from my supervisor stating that our entire autistic support clan of teachers is going to be getting Unique Learning Systems to use as our curriculum this year. I am super excited because prior to this we had NO curriculum. We had bits and pieces of things here or there but, nothing cohesive that across grade levels we could provide consistency for our students. I'll def. be blogging about this more.
 
Thinking- Ch-ch-ch- changes! HA made me think of the song, I know I'm a dork. Anyways, I had a lot of great things happen in my room this past year and I had many things that I want to tweak and make better. Trying to decide if I am filling my plate too much with all the ideas I have going and a new curriculum this year...
 
Wanting- Oh, how I miss my laptop. Our district takes them every year to update and clean them up which is great but, all my TPT products and abilities to create products are on there. So, as much as I know I should enjoy having almost nothing to do (besides taking care of a 2 yr. old and two grad courses, oh, yeah, and a house..) I wish I could use this time to update products and make some of the news that I have been dying to put out there. Hurry up tech department!
 
Needing-  "Likes"  I started a facebook page for my blog.
 
 
I don't have any followers yet, because none of you know it exists! So, as I plan to really get in depth with my new ventures as a blogger I thought why not add yet another thing to my load of duties and make this really crazy. Here is the link to my facebook page. Please like and follow as I post things that happen in my classroom and my crazy thoughts that just randomly pop in my head!
 
4th Plans- Like I said, the 4th has come and gone but, we spent time at our place in the mountains (where I still am) and we went to a little parade, had a delicious dinner at a farm/homestead nearby that makes everything from their garden and is super organic (YUM!). Then to top off the night we went to a local boy scout camp to see fireworks. It was my little ones first time seeing them and she loved them!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, like my facebook page, and please stay tuned as I plan to start showing you more about my classroom and how I've got it all structured!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that your district gives you laptops! We seem to hear a lot of talk about it and never see the results. My teaching bff and I keep wishing for laptops to free us up around the classroom, but it seems we're waiting on our desktop PCs to kick the bucket first. I hope you enjoy your downtime until they give your laptop back! Happy July. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are very lucky to get laptops! Although when they take them away I feel lost! Thanks for reading my blog!

      Jenn

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting new curriculum for the upcoming school year! It is always nice to get the materials you feel will benefit your kiddos. I can totally relate to thinking about making massive changes to your classroom. I have been pondering changes for my room too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the icing on the cake is that for once it is a curriculum that I fully support. It is nice to know that your administrators believe in you enough to listen to what you want. It is a very hard thing to find in most districts. Yeah, changes are always in the works for teachers. I think we all have an itch to mix things up every once in a while. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. I found you on the July Currently link up. I'm a new follower! It may not show me on FB because I don't think it shows the business and community pages or whatever, but I liked your currently post to let you know I did. :-)

    Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited you found me! I have been a follower of your blog for a while. Thanks for the like! Love reading your blog and seeing what other special education teachers are doing in their classrooms. Looking forward to sharing ideas and perhaps collaborating!

      Jenn

      Delete
  4. Sounds lovely! We still have 2 more weeks here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I can't imagine! I was lucky with our rough winter here on the east coast we only had 2 snow days but, I heard horror stories of teachers having to go longer! I wish you the best of luck in your last two weeks! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I liked your new facebook page. I'm sure you will get lots of followers soon!

    I wanted to invite you to join in on my special educator bloghop. I'm hoping to get advice from other special educators as next year will be my first year in special education!

    Jamie
    Tales of Carolina Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the like! I love the idea of a blog hop. I am a little new to the concept so I might need you to fill me in. Being as I have just started blogging I am kinda learning as I go. I'd love to give advice! I'm a relatively new teacher to being a special education teacher (this will be my 2nd year of teaching special education) but, I have years of regular education with inclusion models under my belt as well! Look forward to collaborating with you!

      Jenn

      Delete
  6. How exciting! I have liked your facebook page. And I am so excited for you to have the ULS curriculum! I'm going to request that for the next school year, so let me know how it goes :)

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Yes, I am excited for ULS too! I plan to do a few posts on here about it once I get the hang of it! I am stoked to have both News-2-You and ULS!

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)