Monday, June 2, 2014

June Currently... Seriously Summertime?!?!


Linking up for the Currently of the month with Oh Boy Fourth Grade! 

Listening-- Okay, I love trashy TV. Anything that is mindless, stupid, pure drama filled, is usually a reality TV show, and makes me laugh I love. My husband hates it because he is a CNN, History channel kind of guy. Obviously we don't share the TV very well. I LOVE RHONYC... I actually like most of the Real Housewives shows but for some reason NYC is my favorite. Maybe because they are close to where I live so I feel like I'm there, but I'm not because I'm not rich like them. They make me laugh with their cattiness and their fancy things but, it really is great entertainment.

Loving-- 2 more days of school for me! I swear I love what I do sooooo much, but I need a break, I need to spend time with my daughter this summer, enjoy that I'm a teacher for once and not work all summer. I busted my butt this year and had such a great year that I know I deserve this. I am a workaholic though so you know that I'm still....

Thinking-- about next year and what I can do to make it better. (Did you like how I made them work right with one another?!?! Maybe you didn't get it and I'm the weirdo that thought it was cool. That happens a lot but, oh well.)  I want to fix some things, make better use of the time in the classroom, train my paraprofessionals better, get a hold of a good curriculum. Lots of stuff but, honestly, I will be thinking about it all summer and it will stress me out that I won't know my schedule til a week or two before school starts. I'll still bust my butt coming up with cool ideas or taking them from another awesome teacher that blogs too...


Wanting- I have had ups and downs this year with my success to be healthy and get back to my pre-baby weight. Problem is... I don't have a baby anymore and it's not really an excuse. She will be 3 in September... A friend of mine started talking about this 21 day Fix and I might just do it with her once I read more into it..


Needing- I know I will never do this because it is not in my nature but, relaxing and doing absolutely nothing a few days this summer would be nice..


Summer Bucket List- I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! For my 30th birthday and my mom's 60th birthday my husband got us tickets to see Billy Joel in concert! I have loved him since I was little and my dad would constantly play him in our house and I would twirl around the room singing the songs. I'm a lover of music and I get it from my dad. He loved everything (when I was in middle school he listened to N'Sync with me) and I do too. So in honor of my dad (it's been 4 years since he passed away) I had to add going to see Billy Joel in concert to my bucket list.




8 comments:

  1. that concert sounds so fun!!!

    enjoyed reading your currently!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm excited. On top of that we are going to visit family since I used to live right outside of Philadelphia so it's a two banger! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I would love to see Billy Joel in concert! I am right there with you about eating healthier and sticking to a workout routine! Have a fun summer!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the tickets weren't cheap but, it is probably the first and last concert I will ever go to. He's definitely worth the money in my book (of course my husband bought the tickets though!) Thanks for checking in! Enjoy your summer as well!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, you don't find out your schedule until a week or two before school starts?! I would go crazy. I thought it was bad that we don't find out until the week before school gets out for the summer but that's nothing compared to what you get :( That would make it really hard to prepare, but at least you know you can't do too much since you don't really know what you're doing! I feel for you though...

    So tomorrow is your last day? ENJOY! Happy summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe it isn't as bad as I thought, but, I do know that because I teach middle school and we have class periods that they have quite a matrix to figure out in getting all 800 students in the building in the right classes! My students included even if they spend most of the time with me! Yes today is the last day for teachers! LOVIN IT! Happy Summer to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Billy Joel with Elton John several years ago. AWESOME! Have fun!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm excited and can't wait!

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)