Friday, May 9, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm getting the hang of this stuff!   I decided to try this link up with Doodlebugs for 5 for Friday!        I can't make promises that every Friday I will be doing this but, I'll make the effort for now! So here we go ...
 
 Happy Teacher Appreciation week to me! I got this lovely calla lilly and a chocolate covered strawberry from my classroom! They even picked out my favorite color purple! The strawberry was delicious! I love getting surprises when I'm not expecting them!


We had a community field trip today to the conveinence store and instead of a student buying his normal drink and snack he wanted to get these cups! One for his mom (for mother's day) and one for him. They were versions of Si's cup from Duck Dynasty I thought it was too funny!
 
This week we talked all about Arlington National Cemetery. This News-2-You curriculum has been super awesome this year. It is one thing I do not regret asking my administration to pay for to enhance my instruction in the classroom because it has really worked out awesome. Every week I read the topic for the next week and think that my students are going to not understand the content or be engaged and they love it! I can't wait to do next weeks topic too! It is so relevant to what their regular education peers are talking about but, it is laid out on a more appropriate level for them. 

 Happy Mother's Day! Sorry the picture is upside down. I haven't quite figured that out yet! We made cards for our mom's and I just have to share this one because my one student was so insistent that since it was a mother's day card that he had to have a picture of his mom on it!

 
Making applesauce from scratch today. I don't know if I'm going to be making this a repeat lesson or not. We are attempting peeling apples, cutting them up, and mashing them. We will see!!!

There is my 5 for Friday! Thanks for letting me take part and thanks for being interested in what is going on in our room!

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I haven't seen purple calla lillies before. You are brave doing applesauce with the kids! Hopefully there isn't too much stickiness to clean up. I do think it is great to teach kids some cooking things though--way to go!
    ~Lucy at Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Applesauce was a success. It wasn't as popular as other things we have made in the past (probably because it was healthy) but, I'm happy with the finished product. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Found it though reading Autism Tank. I am so excited when I find other people sharing the love for children with special needs. I teach elementary level kids with autism and other disabilities as well. Thanks for sharing! I am going to follow !
    Mary Ann at http://superteachsspecialedspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay! I'm so glad that you like. I love being able to share and collaborate with fellow teachers who totally get it! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet child for getting those cups! I still remember getting a pin for my mom on a fourth grade field trip. I know it was probably a really tacky pin, but I thought it was beautiful and she told me it was! Can't remember that she ever wore it though......

    Happy Friday!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I'm sure at some point we all got one of our parents a super tacky gift but, they still love it anyway! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)