Friday, May 23, 2014

Five for Friday! and a Freebie!


So hey there! Linking up with Doodlebugs for 5 for Friday ! It has been a fun week! This is our last full week of school and I'm excited and sad all at the same time. Check out what was happening in my room this week! 













I shared in another post this week that we went to a local college of technology as part of the 8th grade field trip for our entire school. I was nervous about the trip but found out that my students rocked it and there really was nothing to worry about. Yes, that is one of my students actually working a bulldozer! Awesome! 


                                                      

                                                   
If someone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to take pictures that are oriented correctly to change. It is so frustrating! I love being able to say that I can do a lot of things on my own but, this is not one of them! So, feel free to comment or send me an email with help!

Anyways, this is a curriculum called Cooking 2 Learn. It is a very visual based cooking curriculum and I love it. My district had purchased it through a grant from a local autism foundation. It is awesome in that is has the recipe in multiple differentiated forms depending on your students reading abilities and it also has comprehension questions at the end for students to complete. No one can say that my students are just doing silly cooking anymore, there is so much educational and functional purpose to it it is insane!

                                                               

                                         
WRONG!!! A student put this up on the board today and I thought I read it wrong. She counted the weekends too. We actually have 7 days of school left. Not a full week left for this teacher in this school year. Like I said before I am excited for summer to be able to spend everyday with my daughter, but I think I will be ready to come back by early August. I'll be bored and itching to work on things in my classroom. I'm a weirdo like that. Most teachers are dying that they have to come back but, I think I just really truly love my job and the students I work with.

                                                     



This is my setup for my morning meeting in my classroom. My students drove me crazy today talking about the field trips we had this week and the field trips that were coming up for next week. I felt like I was constantly referring to this all week because they are just so excited about these trips. I should have done more of them all year long! Perhaps a calendar of scheduled appropriate field trips around the community is needed for next year?!?

                                                    




Well, I realized that since I started this blog I have started to neglect my TPT store. I have a huge list of products that I can think of that I either use in my room already or things that I'd like to use next year that would make excellent products to share on TPT. So, since I was slacking I went in my files from the year and thought to myself is there something in here that I could give as a freebie?? Sure enough there it was, a visual recipe that I used during Valentine's day. We made cupcakes and decorated them as our cooking activity the week of Valentine's day. So here you go, a visual recipe of how to make cupcakes to use with your students. Check it out here....



HAPPY FRIDAY & Enjoy the Freebie! :)

2 comments:

  1. So I did monthly field trip this year and it was a huge success! My students totally loved them :)

    For the pictures, you can go to picasaweb and go to your blogger photos, and edit from there (you need to be using google chrome), drove me crazy for the longest time as well!!

    And we have Cooking 2 Learn too. It is totally awesome and sometimes a little ridiculous! I remember one time a recipe called for 3 ice cubes (Really? THREE?) and we must have had really small ice cubes because it was not going to be enough, so I threw a few more in. Boy, did I get in trouble with my students for not following the recipe!! LOL

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! That was a big help!


    Cooking to Learn is nice. I love the differentiated worksheets that make it so you don't feel like your not getting the academics in. I also like how specific it is. Some recipes off the internet assume you know how to do things. In our world working with students in our classrooms we can never assume they know how to do any of that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I'd love to know your thoughts and learn more from you! :0)